10″ and 20″ Jumbo Carbon Block Water Filter Cartridges. Designed to fit either the Big Blue or White 10″ Jumbo Housings.
Alternative to KX Matrix® CR1 / Pentair CBC-series.
For the removal of:
- Bad taste
- Giardia and other Cysts
- Complies with ANSI/NSF53 and 42 requirements
- Ceramic Activated Carbon Block for Sediment, Chlorine, Cyst (Crytosporidium) & Giardia removal.
- Effective to reduce Chlorine, VOCs, Pesticides, Hazardous Chemicals, Odour removal and Taste Improvement.
- Low pressure drop, high dirt holding capacity, durable physical strength.
- Cartridges are manufactured in compliance with NSF and FDA requirements
- Alternative to KX Matrix® CR1 / Pentair CBC-series.
Length of 10″: 254mm
Length of 20″: 508mm
Central hole: 27mm
Life span 10″: 40,000 liters
Life span 20″: 80,000 liters
Filtration: 1 micron
Activated carbon is a highly porous form of carbon primarily derived from coal, wood and coconut shells for water treatment.
It is produced by first heating the substance at low temperatures in an environment without oxygen to remove the volatile components (carbonization) and then the carbon is “activated” by additional high temperature heating in a controlled environment of oxygen and steam.
The activation process opens up the carbon structure creating incredible porosity and a large and highly active surface area. One pound of activated carbon has the surface area equal to 125 acres.
The activated carbon filter works by adsorption and physical screening of contaminants. The carbon adsorbs contaminants by collecting organic molecules and other substances on it’s porous surface.
Carbon block filters consist of activated carbon particles fused into a uniform block with enhanced adsorptive capacity and efficiency.